Gold prices now.. We publish the latest update on the gold price today, Monday 8-21-2023, as gold prices declined slightly in the local markets during today’s trading, coinciding with a limited decline in ounces on the global stock market, amid the markets’ anticipation of the meeting of central bank governors in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, USA Next Friday, to obtain indications about the US Federal Reserve’s direction regarding interest rates during the coming period.
Gold indices today
It is worth noting that gold prices fell by 5 pounds, during today’s trading, and compared to the end of the week’s trading last Saturday, so that a gram of 21 carat gold recorded the level of 2245 pounds, and an ounce fell by about two dollars, to record 1888 dollars.
Gold prices today
The price of a gram of 24 karat gold today
- The price of a gram of 24 karat gold recorded a level of 2566 pounds
The price of a gram of 18 karat gold today
- The price of a gram of 18 carat gold recorded the level of 1924 pounds
The price of a gram of 14 karat gold today
- The price of a gram of 14 karat gold recorded the level of 1497 pounds
The price of the gold pound today
The gold pound recorded a level of 17,960 pounds.
gold in a week
And the gold prices in the local markets had fallen by 140 pounds, or by 5.9%, during the trading week that ended yesterday evening, Saturday.
- A gram of 21 carat gold opened trading last Monday morning at the level of 2390 pounds, then fell to the level of 2210 pounds, and closed the transactions at the level of 2250 pounds.
- While the ounce declined on the global stock exchange by $23, or by 1.2%, as it opened the week’s trading at the $1913 level, touched the $1885 level, and closed the week’s trading at the $1890 level.
In a related context, the markets are awaiting the speech of “Jerome Powell,” the US Federal Reserve Chairman, next Friday, during the meeting of central bankers in Jackson Hole, in order to determine the directions of US monetary policy during the coming period.