The Ministry of Social Solidarity issued its weekly report, in which it reviewed the activities and events carried out by Nevine Kabbaj, Minister of Social Solidarity, as well as the various sectors of the Ministry during the period from August 25 to September 1.
Friday, August 25:
– The national project to preserve the entity of the Egyptian family “Mawada” continues its specialized training for a total of 380 young women and men, and carries out meetings with those recovering from addiction to reintegrate them into their marital and family life.
– Nasser Social Bank achieves an achievement in reviewing the database of beneficiaries of 3,700 zakat committees nationwide, and is preparing to launch an electronic system and network it with the bank’s branches to govern the distribution of zakat funds.
Saturday 26th August
– The Addiction Control and Treatment Fund organizes summer trips to the beaches for recovering drug abusers at Al-Azima Centers for the Addiction Combating Fund.
– Solidarity units in universities intensify training workshops within the framework of the “productive student” initiative to develop students’ skills on feasibility studies and micro-enterprise management. Training is held in the universities of Zagazig, Damanhour and Matrouh.
Sunday 27 August:
The Egyptian Red Crescent, in cooperation with UNICEF and the Ministry of Education, begins implementing awareness meetings for primary and preparatory school students at the level of 6 governorates within the program of life skills, first aid and safe dealing in times of crises and disasters.
– Intensive training activities for surrogate families specialists started on the “Guideline for the Quality of Surrogate Families Services”, in cooperation with a national association, within the framework of developing the system of supporting foster families in Egypt, and starting the activities from Dakahlia Governorate.
Monday 28 August:
Within the framework of developing e-marketing, El-Kabbaj and Amna witness the inauguration of the exhibition of the project coordinators, “Egypt’s Hands”, to document the exhibitors’ data and help them market their products through the “Egypt’s Hands” platform for e-marketing.
– Launching a relief convoy of the Egyptian Red Crescent presented at the initiative of the members of the Council of Ministers of Social Affairs to serve expatriates from the State of Sudan to the Arab Republic of Egypt at a value of 100 thousand US dollars, and the launch of another convoy coming from the State of Kuwait through the Egyptian Red Crescent.
– The Minister of Social Solidarity issues a decision to form a grievance committee regarding the issuance of integrated services cards in all governorates of Egypt, in partnership with the Ministry of Health and Population, with the aim of examining grievances submitted by citizens whose requests have been rejected or who find it difficult to obtain or receive cards.
The Minister of Social Solidarity and Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Addiction Combat and Treatment Fund receives a delegation from the Iraqi parliament to benefit from the Egyptian experience in treating and rehabilitating addiction patients, in the presence of the Iraqi Ambassador in Cairo, the representative of the United Nations Office in Iraq and the director of the Addiction Combating Fund.
– Al-Qabbaj chairs the first meeting of the Higher Committee for Nurseries, in the presence of committee members from 10 government agencies.
Tuesday, August 29:
– Al-Qabbaj receives Carlos Javier Aguilar, UNICEF Regional Adviser for East and North Africa, and an accompanying delegation from UNICEF in Cairo, to discuss the results of cooperation on developing social care institutions, supporting the childcare system, and training social workers and psychologists.
– A cooperation protocol between Social Solidarity, Banque Misr and the “Misr El Kheir” Foundation to support and finance economic empowerment opportunities in the villages of the presidential initiative “A Decent Life” in 7 governorates, at a value of 50 million pounds.
– The Red Crescent, in cooperation with the Directorate of Youth and Sports, is organizing a sports marathon within the framework of the state’s keenness and interest in sports and encouraging youth and youth to participate in sporting events.
– Within the framework of the Ministry’s efforts to rehabilitate people with disabilities and integrate them into public life, a cooperation protocol was signed between the Social Rehabilitation Foundation in Qena and the Mersal Foundation for Charitable and Development Works with the aim of developing the capabilities of children with disabilities.
1200 limited projects to support women in rural areas
Wednesday, August 30:
– Amr Othman, Assistant Minister of Social Solidarity and Director of the Addiction Combat and Treatment Fund, receives a delegation from the Iraqi Parliament on a visit to one of the model treatment centers of the Addiction Combat and Treatment Fund, in the presence of the representative of the United Nations Office in Iraq. The visit aims to transfer the Egyptian experience to the sister country of Iraq.
– The “Forsa” program for economic empowerment, in coordination with the Nahdet El Mahrousa Association in Ismailia, delivers 1,200 final projects to support women in rural areas in Ismailia, Sinai, Fayoum and Assiut governorates.
– The Ministry of Social Solidarity cooperates with the General Hospital Authority to celebrate the “Breastfeeding Week” and implements an awareness seminar for workers on the importance of breastfeeding.
Thursday, August 31:
– The Minister of Social Solidarity embarks on an intensive working visit to North Sinai Governorate, in coordination with Major General Muhammad Shousha, Governor of Sinai, and inspects the homes that Solidarity bears the cost of restoring and removing traces of destruction as a result of previous terrorist operations.
– Al-Qabbaj and Shousha inspect the Ministry’s medical and social convoys with NGOs in the areas of reproductive health, children’s health, and hearing screening, in addition to arenas for recreational activities for children, handing them school bags and children’s toys, and volunteers to receive complaints of solidarity and dignity.
– Social Solidarity provides 94 million pounds for micro-projects for women and youth in Sheikh Zuweid and Rafah in the fields of animal production, agricultural seedlings, food processing, craft industries, fishing industries, and vocational training.
– Al-Qabbaj directs to double monetary support and social assistance to reach 50,000 families with a total of 400 million pounds annually, and announces that the ministry will cooperate with civil society and contribute to raising the efficiency of homes and digging wells.
Friday, September 1, 2023;
– The Minister of Social Solidarity and the Governor of Sinai witness the signing of 9 protocols with NGOs on economic and social empowerment in North Sinai.
– And they meet tribal sheikhs to agree to discuss ways of cooperation to follow up the implementation of development projects and interventions, and ways to support the sheikhs for their local communities.
– Social Solidarity has pledged to pay arrears insurance contributions to the fishermen of the Arish region since 2018, to pay off their debts to the Strong Insurance Authority during their pause during the comprehensive anti-terrorism operation.
– Nasser Social Bank begins disbursing September pensions, starting today, Friday, from the bank’s automatic teller machines.