The General Administration of the Media Office and the official spokesperson of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research issued a report on the performance of the Ministry’s activities during a week from August 26 to September 1, and it was as follows:
1) Dr. Mostafa Madbouly, Prime Minister, witnessed the signing ceremony of a cooperation protocol with the aim of providing 100 full scholarships in branches of foreign universities in the Administrative Capital for outstanding high school graduates from Upper Egypt governorates, in the presence of Dr. Ayman Ashour, Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research, in implementation of the directives of President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi, President of the Republic, to provide the opportunity for outstanding students who obtained an Egyptian general secondary certificate in the governorates of Upper Egypt to study in foreign universities’ branches in the New Administrative Capital, within the framework of the “100 Dreams for the Future” initiative. Education in the administrative capital.
2) The Supreme Council of Universities held its periodic meeting, headed by Dr. Ayman Ashour, Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research, and during the meeting, the minister directed the universities’ efforts to continue to receive the new academic year 2023/2024, and to complete all maintenance work for buildings, auditoriums, classrooms, laboratories, and university cities, and to ensure that there are Means of safety and security in all university facilities, and readiness to receive new students. The Council also approved the unified framework regulations for compulsory training in the faculties of human medicine.
3) Dr. witnessed. Ayman Ashour, Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Dr. Yasmine Fouad, Minister of the Environment, Dr. Reda Hegazy, Minister of Education and Technical Education, distributed the awards for the best environmentally friendly university competition for the academic year 2022/2023, and Dr. Ayman Ashour stressed that all Egyptian universities are keen to integrate the environmental dimension in all student, cultural and artistic activities throughout the year, referring to the participation of the community service sector And the development of the environment in Egyptian universities in educating the public about environmental issues in Egypt, as well as organizing caravans interested in preserving the environment and its natural resources.
4) Dr. Ayman Ashour, Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research, witnessed the ceremony organized by the Innovators and Talents Fund. On the occasion of announcing the results of the MOSAIC competition for the best Egyptian universities and research centers in innovation and cooperation with industry, according to standards similar to those of the global innovation and knowledge indicators.
5) Dr. received. Ayman Ashour, Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Dr. Mohamed Essati, Vice President of Analytical and Research Services at Elsevier, and his accompanying delegation; To discuss ways to enhance cooperation between the two sides, and the meeting dealt with presenting the most prominent activities carried out by the institution and how to support the efforts to develop the Egyptian scientific research system. And strengthening mechanisms of joint cooperation between the two sides to benefit from them in supporting efforts to develop society and the national economy, in addition to examining mechanisms for upgrading the classification of Egyptian universities, and promoting an increase in the emergence of Egyptian scientific journals in international periodicals.
6) The Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research announced that a placement exam will be held for Egyptian students returning from Russian, Ukrainian and Sudanese universities, who failed to take the placement exam that was conducted on August 27, 2023, and who wish to enroll in Egyptian private and private universities, in majors ( Human medicine, oral and dental medicine, pharmacy, engineering), on Sunday, September 17, 2023, in the interest of the future of students.
7) Dr. fired. Ayman Ashour, Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research, the Egyptian Initiative for Scholarships and Educational Tourism, and Dr. Ayman Ashour on the launch of the educational visa for foreign students so that the foreign student obtains all the rights related to his residence during the period of his studies in Egypt, stressing the provision of health, social, cultural and sports care for foreign students, pointing to the development of various and new programs of its kind in public, private, private and technological universities where foreign students can enroll In new fields and specializations such as: artificial intelligence, robotics, new and renewable energy.
8) The Universities Admission Coordination Office announced the results of the stage of reducing alienation for students of the “first and second” stages, and the start of the third stage of high school for the year 2023.
9) Dr. received. Ayman Ashour, Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Ambassador Diab Al-Louh, Ambassador of the State of Palestine in Cairo, and his accompanying delegation; To discuss ways to enhance joint cooperation between the two countries, and during the meeting, the minister affirmed the ministry’s interest in the file of foreign students, referring to the launch by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research of the Egyptian Initiative for Scholarships and Educational Tourism, and the (EGYAID) initiative.
10) Dr. Ayman Ashour, Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research, decided to extend the period for accepting papers for students with foreign degrees until Sunday, September 10, 2023, in the interest of students and to allow them the opportunity to submit their papers to the Coordination Office at its main headquarters in the University City at Ain Shams University.
11) The Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research announced the opening of the electronic coordination website for students of technical certificates to register their desires to perform the capacity tests that qualify for these colleges, starting from Thursday, corresponding to 8/31/2023 until Sunday, corresponding to 9/3/2023, provided that the tests are held in the relevant colleges From Saturday 2/9/2023 until Monday 4/9/2023
Enhancing development efforts in Egypt
12) Dr. received. Ayman Ashour, Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Mr. Sean Jones, the new USAID Mission Director in Egypt (USAID) and his accompanying delegation. The minister indicated the ministry’s keenness to activate more aspects of cooperation between the two sides, and his aspiration that the coming period will witness more cooperation Common and fruitful partnerships in the light of Egyptian-American relations; To enhance development efforts in Egypt, especially in the fields of higher education and scientific research.
13) d. Ayman Ashour, Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research, held a meeting with officials of the Matjar Engineering and Trade Company, and the Chinese partner company in the manufacture of the electric car. , and the Chinese industrial partner, and this comes in implementation of the contract signed between the store company and the Academy of Scientific Research and Technology in August 2023, and the realization of Egypt’s vision 2030 to support sustainable development, support industry, and provide job opportunities and a clean environment.