The Faculty of Engineering in Helwan, Helwan University, announces the opening of the door for applications for 20 scholarships for research students for the academic year 2023/2024 (12 master’s scholarships and 8 doctoral scholarships) to work in the college’s research centers and laboratories, under the auspices of Dr. Graduate Studies and Research and Dr. Mahmoud Al-Maslawi, Dean of the Faculty of Engineering, Helwan.
The Dean of the College of Engineering explained that the grants are as follows:
5 master’s students, and 2 PhD students specializing in electronics, communications and computer engineering, to work at the Center for Applied Research and Digital Innovations (CARDI).
4 master’s research students, and 2 PhD research students specializing in electronics, communications and computer engineering, to work at the Innovation and Product Development Support Center (IPDSC).
3 master’s research students, and 2 PhD research students specializing in mechanical engineering to work in the robotics research laboratory.
2 PhD research students to work at the New and Renewable Energy Research Center in the field of smart electrical networks.
The research student receives a monthly financial reward, in addition to a degree scholarship, with an exemption from tuition fees for the approved hours.
Adding: The conditions for applying for a scholarship for research students:
1. To be an Egyptian national.
2. To be a graduate of Helwan University.
3. To be fully dedicated to study.
4. Academic excellence in the first university study, as it is required to obtain at least a very good grade in the year of graduation.
5. Not more than three years have passed since obtaining a bachelor’s degree for a master’s research student’s scholarship, and no more than three years have passed since obtaining a master’s degree for a doctoral research student’s scholarship.
6. The student’s age should not exceed 26 years when submitting his papers as a master’s research student, and the student’s age should not exceed 30 years when submitting his papers as a doctoral research student.
7. He must have finished military service or been exempted from it (for males).
8. To be enrolled in postgraduate studies at the same university as a research student.
9. One of the conditions set out in Clauses (5,6) can be exempted.
Documents required to apply for a scholarship for research students:
1. The original bachelor’s degree for a master’s research student, the original bachelor’s degree, and a master’s degree for a doctoral research student.
2. The original transcript of course estimates for the undergraduate level.
3. An original recent birth certificate.
4. ID card copy.
5. Original certificate of military service or exemption from it (for males).
6. Certificate of good conduct.
7. An acknowledgment of full-time study and not accepting any other work during the grant period.
8. Postgraduate enrollment certificate.
9. Recent personal photos.
The application will be submitted until Thursday, 9/7/2023, at the postgraduate studies department in the college.