The Council of Ministers, during its meeting today headed by Dr. Mostafa Madbouly, at the government headquarters, in the new city of El Alamein, approved several decisions, namely:
– The Council of Ministers approved a draft Presidential Decree amending Presidential Decree No. 244 of 1996 to establish October University for Modern Sciences and Arts, by adding the faculties of: Nutrition and Food Technology, and Educational Sciences and International Informatics, to the university’s faculties.
– The Council of Ministers approved a draft Presidential Decree amending Presidential Decree No. 419 of 2022 to establish a private university under the name “Bani Suef Private University”, by adding the Faculty of “Navigation Sciences and Space Technology” to the university’s faculties.
– The Council of Ministers approved a draft decision of the President of the Republic regarding allocating a number of state-owned lands for private ownership in the Rabaa and Bir al-Abd regions of Central and North Sinai, with a total area of about 87,361.49 acres, to be used in reclamation and cultivation activities.
– The Council of Ministers approved a draft decision of the President of the Republic regarding amnesty for the remainder of the sentence for some convicts on the occasion of the celebration of the Armed Forces Day, corresponding to the sixth of October 2023.
– The Council of Ministers approved the result of the study related to the request of the Governor of Cairo to dispose of the sale system in a plot of land with an area of approximately 2860 square meters located next to the sewage system in Zahraa Maadi for the benefit of a real estate company.
– The Council of Ministers approved the result of the study related to the request of the South Sinai Governorate to dispose of the usufruct system for a period of 50 years in the planning appendages between each of the two plots (10, 10A), with a total area of 5221.78 square meters in the Kennedy Services area in Sharm El Sheikh, for the benefit of a company specialized in providing medical services. .
– The Cabinet approved that the Ministry of Finance implement a new issuance of “Samurai Bonds”, at a value of $500 million, in Japanese yen, for a period of five years, and take the necessary measures in this regard.
This approval comes within the framework of the success witnessed by the first issuance of Japanese bonds “Samurai Bonds”, which was implemented in March of 2022, and in the interest of the Ministry of Finance to achieve the goals of diversifying international markets, currencies, and investors; To finance the general budget and extend the average life of the debt.
Ministerial Committee for the Settlement of Investment Disputes
– The Council of Ministers approved the decisions and recommendations issued by the meeting of the Ministerial Committee for Settlement of Investment Disputes, in its session No. 97, held on 7/8/2023.
– The Council of Ministers agreed to authorize the Ministry of Communications and Communications Technology to extend the Egyptian government’s agreement with Teradata for a year with the same conditions.
According to the agreement signed by the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology with the “Teradata” company, the Egyptian government obtains exceptional advantages in exchange for the volume of business agreed upon, including purchasing at a predetermined large discount, regardless of the size of the purchase order, in a way that saves the state huge sums of money.
– The Cabinet approved a contract with Telecom Egypt to provide the infrastructure of optical fiber networks, within the framework of the works being implemented within the project to develop the Shaq Al-Tha`ban area, and transform it into an international industrial city.
Legal and technical controls
– The Council of Ministers approved a number of legal, technical, financial and real estate controls related to the method of dealing with applicants to reconcile conditions on lands located within Republican Decree No. 566 of 2020, which includes plots of land No. (B) and No. (F), whose area is 902.82 acres, and allocated to the Authority. New Urban Communities as Extensions of 6th of October City.
– The Council of Ministers agreed to amend the periodic book issued regarding what the Council of Ministers decided by approving the directive of the competent authority in the administrative authorities as defined by the law regulating contracts entered into by public authorities promulgated by Law No. 182 of 2018 to implement their discretionary powers established under Article (48) of the aforementioned law, And Article (98) of its implementing regulations, in order to consider extending the contract execution period for the period that is determined by each entity according to the circumstances of each case separately, without imposing interest or delay fines for a period of six months, in accordance with the established principles and controls.
The amendment stipulates that the extension shall apply to all contracts under implementation and concluded by the entities subject to the provisions of the aforementioned law, with regard to contracts, projects or works that have been proposed, or an invitation has been directed towards contracting in their regard, or opening their technical envelopes, or contracting with direct agreement on them before, after, or on the date 1/3/2022, and its implementation continued after this date without being completed.
The Cabinet approved the offer submitted by the (ENGIE – Toyota – Orascom) consortium to implement additional projects of renewable energies with a capacity of 150-200 megawatts, which is being done within the framework of the state’s plan to attract more foreign direct investment to the energy sector, especially in the field of electricity production projects. Renewable energies (solar – wind).
– The Council of Ministers agreed to allocate a piece of land from private state property with an area of 6,288 square meters on which some of the facilities and buildings of Meleij Sports Club are built, located in Dyer Basin, District No.