Turrff United overcome quick sending off to beat Forres Mechanics

Click here to sign up to our free newsletters!

Turriff United returned to winning ways with a 2-0 victory over Forres Mechanics.

There was an early setback for United in Saturday afternoon’s match at The Haughs when defender Max Foster was sent off after five minutes.

However, goals from Andrew Watt and Callan Gray propelled them to victory.

In the closing stages the visitors were also reduced to 10 men when Aaron Snyder was red carded.

Forres were awarded a free-kick after Foster’s sending off at the start of the game but it was hit over the crossbar.

Mechanics had another opportunity when Mark McLauchlan hit a powerful shot which was straight at Turriff goalkeeper David Dey.

At the other end United had a chance when Owen Kinsella made a good forward run, played the ball to Ewan Clark who struggled to control his effort and it went high over the target.

Jack McKenzie then latched on to a loose ball and fired a shot which also went over.

Forres nearly took the lead when the ball ricocheted in the box and eventually fell to Ethan Cairns at close range who could not keep his strike down.

There was a great opportunity for the hosts just before the break when McKenzie sent in an inviting ball into the box, however, Clark was unable to get anything on it.

It was a perfect start to the second half for Turriff when a corner was swung in and Watt headed the ball into the net for the opening goal.

They made it 2-0 shortly after when a Gray free-kick beat the wall and squeezed past Forres goalkeeper Lee Herbert at his side to increase the lead.

Another United corner was then crossed in and this time Murray Cormack got a header on to it but it did not hit the net.

Mechanics were looking to get back into the match and Cairns hit a shot which was saved by Dey.

Jack Grant was next to have a go, however, Dey was there again to make the save.

A ball then came to McLauchlan who skewed his effort wide of the far post.

Turriff substitute Reece McKeown made a great run, crossed the ball into Kinsella who was unable to get a strike on to it and put it away. In the aftermath McKeown had a follow-up shot which was saved by Herbert.

A cross from United was guided towards Fergus Alberts whose header went wide of the post.

The away side had a couple of late chances from Lucas Davidson and Dylan Lawrence which were saved by Dey.

They were then reduced to 10 men when Snyder was sent off for a last man challenge. From the resultant free-kick McKeown was just wide of the target.

Do you want to respond to this article? If so, click here to submit your thoughts and they may be published in print.

DISCLAIMER:- Denial of responsibility! angelcrestgardens.com is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email at loginhelponline@gmail.com The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Read original article here

Leave a Comment